Privacy, Terms & Conditions
Whether you are a Person with Parkinson’s (PwP), a carer, an observer or anyone who steps on the mats (flooring) during a grading or a session of Punchin’ Parko’s Exercise Program (PPEP), you hereby understand and warrant the following:
- You understand the nature of the Punchin’ Parko’s (PP) Exercise Program (PPEP) and
- You are physically capable of participating in these activities, subject to any conditions or restrictions noted by the doctor who signed your Medical Assessment Form and
- You fully understand that even though every precaution is taken to minimise any harm, accidents do happen and
- Should you sustain an injury, you accept all responsibility for losses, costs and damages.
- You further acknowledge that some activities may be conducted in facilities open to the general public and / or other exercise facilities.
- You further agree and warrant that if you believe any condition to be unsafe, you reserve the right, without penalty, financial or otherwise, to immediately discontinue further participation in the activity and bring such condition to the attention of the management of PP.
- You, your executors, administrators, dependants and other personal representatives hereby release, discharge, covenant not to sue, and agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless any person, company, administrator, club, organisation, Trust, sponsor, advertiser, volunteer, employer, employee associated in any way or form with PP and PPEP.
- You agree to obey the coaches and instructors at all times and acknowledge you may be removed from PPEP should you breach any rule or regulation of the venue or where your action(s), either deliberately or accidentally cause or may cause harm to any other individual at the venue.
- You give your full consent to coaches and any other persons who have a currently active First Aid Certificate to perform any necessary first aid and / or call an ambulance to transport you to an Emergency facility at a hospital or other suitable place for assessment and/or treatment. All costs will be your responsibility.
- You certify that, to the best of your knowledge, in the last three months, you have not sustained any injuries to your hands, arms, feet and / or legs, have had no incidents of head injuries, headaches, concussion or fainting spells. If, after signing this form, you sustain any injury, you will immediately notify PP orally and in writing and will abide by the decision whether you may participate in the PPEP or not. You will not participate in PPEP until re-assessed and advised, in writing, that you may do so.
- You agree that this agreement may not be modified and a waiver of any provision shall not be construed as a modification of any other provision or as consent to any subsequent waiver or modification. Every term and provision of this agreement is intended to be severable, if any one or more provision is found to be unenforceable or invalid, the said provision shall not affect the other terms and provisions, which shall remain binding and enforceable.
Furthermore, with regards to the purchasing of PPEP sessions credit, that:
- Sessions can only be purchased in blocks of 10 unless an agreement has been reached with the management
- The block of sessions has no expiry date.
- No refund will be given for unused sessions, but you are entitled to sel unused sessions to another PPEP participant. You, and / or the purchaser
are required to notify PPEP staff as to any sale of sessions so that records can be amended.
- Participants who are current members of Parkinson’s NSW receive a 20% discount on the price of PPEP sessions.
With regards to the purchasing of equipment or merchandise through the PPEP, you understand that
- PPEP will endeavour to resolve any issues amicably and according to the PPEP’s discretion, based on the circumstances.
- PPEP will always act in accordance with consumer law.
With regards to your personal information, you understand that
- The information collected by PPEP is to best serve you and understand your personal health requirements.
- Your information will only be available to the coaches & PPEP staff, except for point (c) below.
- In the Waiver & Liability form, which forms part of these Terms & Conditions, in section 9, you have authorised PPEP or VT1 staff to provide any relevant information to medical personnel who may be required to treat you, should such a medical emergency happen.
- You are entitled to view your records, on request. It may not be practicable at the time of asking. You may need to organise a time in advance.
With regards to your image, you understand that
- Photos & videos will be taken periodically. They may be taken by a professional or by an observer or member of PPEP staff.
- On your application form, you have the opportunity to opt out of appearing in photos / videos. Every effort will be made to comply with this request. If you wish to change your mind in the future please let us know in writing. We will not go back through archive footage.